The Aero A-100 was a light bomber and reconnaissance aeroplane manufactured in Czechoslovakia in the 1930s. It was obsolescent when it first flew in 1933 but a few still saw service during the Second World War.
The Aero A-100 was the outcome of a 1932 Czechoslovak Air Force requirement for a light bomber and reconnaissance aircraft to replace existing biplanes then in service.
It was a conventional design evolved from the earlier Aero A-11 and obsolescent by the time of its first fligh in 1933.
Despite this, it was the only response to the request and a total of 44 were built, in two batches between 1933 and 1935.
A-100s served with the Czechoslovakian Air Force up to is dissolution in March 1939 and then with the Luftwaffe and the Slovak Air Force during the Second World War.
Most had been retired by 1940 but a few remained flying for a few years afer the war.
This model represents an Aero A-100 flying with the Slovak Air Force in 1942.
KP 1/72 kit with Blue Rider decals completed by Leigh Edmonds in August 2017.