The Lorriane 37L was a light supply tractor developed in France in the late 1930s. It’s primary role was to supply France’s mobile armoured divisions but it was so robust it was converted to other uses, some by German forces.
The Lorraine 37L was designed to provide French armoured formations with armoured resupply vehicles to extend their range.
Their trailer was usually fitted with a fuel tank and pump to refuel tanks in the field.
A later version was the 38L VBCP armoured personnel carrier.
Planning began in 1936, the prototype was tested during 1937 and production commenced during 1938.
The first vehicles was delivered in January 1939, 212 had been delivered by the commencement of war in September and about 480 had been delivered at the end of the Battle of France on 25 June 1940.
During the period of the Vichy government another 150 were also produced in secret for later use.
This model represents a Lorriane 37L in service with 3/15 BCC, c. May 1940
RPM 1/72 kit with Sparrow Castings trailer completed by Leigh Edmonds in May 2013.