The Morane Saulnier 410 was a conversion of the existing Morane Saulnier 406 fighter. The modifications gave the fighter improved firepower and increased speed but less than 100 were converted to that standard.
Due to the relatively poor performance of the Morane Saulnier 406 fighter a development program was undertaken, during the winter of 1939-40, to improve their performance.
The improvements included a new wing with four belt fed machine guns, a new propellor and ejector exhausts.
Together these improvements added over 20km/h to the fighter’s top speed.
Existing 406s were to be converted to this new standard but only five had been completed by May 1940.
Another dozen were virtually complete by the Armistice and, under German control, a further 74 conversions were undertaken, but most only had the new wings fitted.
This model represents a Morane Saulnier 410 at Orley Airfield in June 1940
RS Models 1/72 kit completed by Leigh Edmonds in August 2013.